Readmission From Suspension
Policy and procedures for applying for readmission from suspension.
Readmission from academic suspension is not automatic. Any student who has been
placed in the status of academic suspension by the University of Houston must
formally apply for readmission. Students should also see the UH Undergraduate
Studies Catalog sections regarding "Academic Probation and Suspension" and
"Readmission from Academic Suspension" before beginning the readmission
application process. Students are not eligible to resume studies until the minimum
suspension period has passed as described in the catalog.
Students who interrupt their enrollment for longer than 13 months must reapply
to UH using the Texas Common Application and will be placed under their current
b. Detailed explanation of the reasons that previous academic performance
Provide official copies of transcripts indicating at least a 2.75 grade point average on
all college work completed elsewhere while on academic suspension from UH.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR READMISSION FROM SUSPENSION1. Upon completion of petition requirements, please contact Jeremy Dafoe at
713. 743.3740 at least 30 to 60 days prior to the readmission semester to
schedule an appointment for a readmission hearing.
2. Keep copies of all documents for personal records and bring original documents
to hearing to be placed in student's file following final decision.
3. Upon recommendation for readmission and final approval by the dean of the
College, the student will be sent a copy of the readmission form for his or her
4. If readmitted, approval is valid for only that semester. Student must complete
application process again if unable to enroll for the semester of approval.
5. Student must fulfill conditions of readmission as stated on approval form, or else
the student is subject to additional suspension.